Increase Sales With Winery Print MarketingAugust 15, 2022
How Metallic Enhancement Ink Improves Direct Mail DesignSeptember 15, 2022
Custom catalog printing and catalog marketing are proven strategies for businesses around the world of all sizes. In fact, there are many companies that have decided to market their products exclusively via printed catalogs. These publications can be published and sent to the public at any time of the year whether it is simply an update about the available products and services or to promote holiday sales. Plus, they are relatively easy to design as the main elements are product photos, product pricing, and a method for customers to purchase their items of choice. Let’s take a look at some additional benefits that come from custom catalog printing as well as why this marketing method still works.
Why Catalogs Still Work
Even though companies have experienced two decades of email and social media marketing, along with the increasing digitization of the consumer experience, the number of catalog mailings has been increasing since 2015. In addition, consumers are enthusiastic about receiving them in the mail as shown by the increase in response rates from catalogs at a level of 170% from 2004 to 2018. The increase is not confined to older customers or those who are still not invested in the digital experience. There is evidence that millennials are interested in catalogs they receive in the mail because they enjoy the aspect of having a physical catalog to browse at their convenience.
Printed catalogs have the power of increasing the vividness of a product by giving consumers the ability to visualize and imagine how they would use the product. Vividness is a highly influential aspect of consumer behavior since it increases consumer involvement and grows the preferences felt during the purchasing process. Vividness is very important for products known for fun or enjoyment as opposed to utilitarian products. The purchase of products that provide a pleasurable experience also contains richer experiential aspects.
Finally, physical stores can be expensive to maintain. For eCommerce retailers, especially those retailers in hedonic categories who do not want or need physical stores, a well-designed catalog marketing campaign allows them to provide a product presentation that is more tactile and memorable for the consumer. Besides increased sales, there is also the possibility of greater customer involvement, increased brand loyalty, and higher sales without the overhead and constraints associated with stores.
Benefits of Custom Catalog Printing
- Catalog printing can be used in any direct mail strategy. If you have a mailing list targeting a specific group, they will know exactly what you offer.
- Unlike postcards or standard flyers, people are more likely to hold onto catalogs to help them decide what to order, when to order or to make quicker in-store purchasing decisions.
- Catalogs take away the pressure felt at the register. Customers are able to take their time when deciding what to buy. They won’t feel rushed and will likely pick you as their business of choice.
- Printing your own catalog lets you showcase your products and business in the best possible light. You can establish your brand identity, spotlight quality products and create a feeling of trust with your customers.
- Catalogs give you a professional appearance. If you highlight your products in a catalog and send it to consumers, you will gain a reputation as a professional operation.
- You will have the ability to share everything about your business. Spotlight products customers don’t know about and show off your inventory. Instead of designing and delivering printed materials for individual products, catalogs are a single document that displays what you have to offer.
- Some of the retail stores that can benefit from catalogs include sporting goods stores, electronics stores, department stores, clothing retailers, gift shops, home goods stores, hardware stores and eCommerce sellers.
Custom catalog printing is still in fashion so let it grow your brand and sales. See how enhanced print can make your catalog stand out.
Contact Us Now for More Information
Phone: (707) 927-1315