Five Brochure Design Mistakes to AvoidJuly 15, 2022
Increase Sales With Winery Print MarketingAugust 15, 2022
Variable data printing, which is sometimes referred to as one-to-one marketing, is a personalized printing method that offers the opportunity to create customized encounters with your targeted direct mail recipients. Variable printing creates a powerful marketing opportunity as variable data software lets you customize each element of the direct mail piece such as text, graphics, and colors. These elements are personalized on each page through the use of a simple record-by-record basis. Basically, one document is designed but, thanks to variable data printing, each printed piece is uniquely personalized to speak directly to the target audience.
The power of personalization provided by variable printing makes your mail stand out from any other items in the mailbox. Keep reading to see why you should be using variable data to create personalized experiences in your next direct mail campaign
Variable Data Printing Saves Time and Money
Like any other direct mail campaign, variable data printing comes with a price tag but the cost is still more economical than mass printing. This printing method saves you time and money thanks to the following benefits:
- Print only the number of direct mail pieces you need instead of having to print a quantity determined by a printer.
- Test your mailing with selected customers so you can refine your database before launching your full campaign.
- Print addresses directly on the direct mail piece as this reduces the manpower needed to print and place labels.
- An improved response rate will be enjoyed. According to CAP Ventures, the total profit, response rate, and number of repeat orders all improved with personalization. It was determined that the time it took for customers to respond fell by over 30%.
Three Ways VDP Direct Mail Pieces Outperform Other Marketing Methods
- Variable printing ensures the message will be delivered because the name of your targeted customers is on the mailbox! This allows you to reach them where they live.
- You definitely want your direct mail piece to be opened and read. Most people will open an envelope addressed specifically to them because it does not look like junk mail. In addition, the creative aspect of the envelope along with its size and type play a big role in creating interest.Variable data personalizes your message which is key to getting the envelope opened.
- You will want to convince the recipient you understand their desires and needs and have the solution to their problem. Variable data printing makes each direct mail piece appear like it is designed for the specific needs of that particular recipient. The direct mail piece can reference an item they put in their shopping cart while visiting your website or it can mention their anniversary or birthday. Personalization establishes an intimate relationship that will speak to the customer.
If you are planning your next direct mail campaign, Baldwin Press can help with your variable data printing needs.
Contact Us Now for More Information
Phone: (707) 927-1315